At Iron Acton, the curriculum is broad and balanced, sets high expectations for every pupil, engages pupils and motivates them to learn. In addition it:
- is inclusive, meeting the needs of all pupils, particularly those who are disadvantaged, the most able and those with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- enables all pupils to make progress
- makes pupils aware of their rich cultural heritage
- makes pupils aware of current local and national issues
- ensures pupils are ready for the next stage of their learning
- provides and develops skills needed to be a successful learner
- promotes spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and in society
- prepares pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
For more information about how you can support your child, please speak to their class teacher.
This is what your child will be learning.