All children in Reception and Key Stage 1 are entitled to Universal Infant Free School Meals.
Your child may also be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
For more information on free school meals or to apply please visit https://www.southglos.gov.uk/advice-and-benefits/benefits/free-school-meals/
Help us get more funding
Even if you would prefer your child to eat packed lunch and you think you may be eligible for free school meals, whether or not your child receives Universal Infant Free School Meals, it is important that you still apply.
- The school receives additional funding towards your child’s education for every child who receives free school meals.
- You may be eligible for discounts on other school activities such as educational trips and visits.
- We understand that parents may wish to keep information about free school meals status confidential.