The curriculum is:
- is inclusive, meeting the needs of all pupils, particularly those who are disadvantaged, the most able and those with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- enables all pupils to make progress
- makes pupils aware of their rich cultural heritage
- makes pupils aware of current local and national issues
- ensures pupils are ready for the next stage of their learning
- provides and develops skills needed to be a successful learner
- promotes spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and in society
- prepares pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
For more information about how you can support your child, please speak to their class teacher.
Our purpose is to connect learners as local citizens of today with the ideas, knowledge and skills they will need as the global citizens they must become.
We will help them to be curious, ask probing questions and be brave in finding solutions.
They will engage with the familiar and be engaged by the unusual; be immersed in language and communicate in multiple languages; know how to practise, be resilient and challenged; to be proud of their local environment and think on a global scale; work individually and add their voice to the many; to accept help, give charitably and embrace altruism; to love difference, be different and stand up for the rights of others just because it is the right thing to do.
We want them to be relentlessly creative, critically curious and to live ambitiously.
For more information about the Intent, Implementation and Impact of our curriculum please see below.